Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can the candidates work for 2 years under university authorization? Click here for complete information.
2. Can our company retain candidates for longer than 2 years? Yes, employment may continue in either, or both, of the following two ways beyond the initial two years:
3. How much processing time before a candidate can start working? All processing is handled by the university and is completed within 2-3 days.
4. What are our candidate's qualifications?
5. Can we contact candidates directly? Yes, you can contact and hire all candidates directly.
6. Do you really charge no fees of any kind? As a nonprofit university-funded service organization, we charge no fees to employers or candidates.
7. Are the candidates willing to relocate? Yes, on very short notice.
8. Which companies have hired your candidates? Please visit https://compro.mum.edu/internships/ for information about over 1,000 organizations that have hired our candidates.
9. What is the difference between CPT (Curricular Practical Training) and OPT (Optional Practical Training)? CPT employment is authorized while a student is completing degree coursework. In our MSCS program, full-time CPT employment may be for 2-3 years. OPT is issued for an F-1 student visa holder after completing all coursework in the MSCS program. The initial length of OPT is 12 months. Additionally, a 24-month STEM OPT extension is available for STEM degrees (such as Computer Science). About 70% of our F-1 MSCS students change from CPT to OPT after 12 months of CPT. This results in a total of 4 years of employment from our university's sponsorship (1 year under CPT and 3 years under OPT). See details at: http://www.ice.gov/sevis/practical-training/
|General firstname.lastname@example.org||641-472-7000 Ext. 2448|
Computer Professionals Career Center
Dept. of Computer Science
Maharishi International University
1000 North 4th St.
Fairfield, IA 52557